Education Conservation Preservation
South Georgia Native Plants and Wildflower Symposium
Annual Fall Meeting, November 6, 2021
Eamonn Leonard is a Natural Resources Biologist in the Nongame Conservation Section of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. He is on the CPC GNPS Board and on the GNPS Conservation Committee.
Erin Cork is a Wildlife Biologist with the Private Lands Program of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. Erin in on the CPC GNPS Board and serves as Conservation Director of the chapter.
Heather Brasell is practicing forest stewardship on family property, part of which includes managing the Gaskins Forest Education Center. Heather is the CPC GNPS President and also serves on the GNPS Habitat Certification Committee.
Katie Antczak is the Environmental Science Education Coordinator at the Okefenokee Swamp Park and the Science Specialist at the Okefenokee Regional Education Service Agency. Katie will begin serving as CPC GNPS Secretary in 2022.
CPC Spring Meeting / Miniconference
Tuesday March 16, 2021, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Using Native Plants for Hedges – Heather Brasell
- Converting Pasture to Native Plant Meadow – Greg Lewis
November 7, 2020 Annual Fall Meeting
- Crooked River State Park – Gail Farley
- Fulwood Park Pollinator Garden – Mary Alice Applegate
- Len Lastinger Elementary School Pollinator Gardens – Marilynne Marshall
CPC “How to Do it”
- Improving acceptance of pollinator gardens through design – Greg Huber
- Propagating native plants – Amy Heidt
- Plant rescue strategies – Erin Cork
Virtual field trip to Cay Creek Wetland Interpretive Center – Eamonn Leonard, DNR